This visa allows you to take part in workplace-based occupational training activities to improve your skills for your job, area of tertiary study, field of expertise or in a professional development training program in Australia.
- Up to 2 years
- Application fee from AUD 310
- Apply online in or outside Australia
- Must be 18 years old or older
- Sponsor must be approved as a temporary activities sponsor
- Must be nominated to participate in a program of occupational training which are:
- Occupational training required for registration
- Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas
- Have Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC) insurance
- Have at least “Functional English” level
- 75% of applications: 5months
- 90% of applications: 5months
Occupational training required for registration
Workplace-based training is required to get occupational registration, membership or licensing. The registration, membership or licensing is mandatory to work in that occupation in Australia or your home country.
Occupational training to improve skills in an eligible occupation
Workplace-based structured training programs that:
- is specifically tailored and timed to the training needs of the nominated person
- is in relation to an occupation specified on the list of eligible skilled occupations
- involves a nominee who has recent and suitable prior experience. This can include employment experience or study experience that :
- is the equivalent of at least 12 months full-time experience in the occupation
- has occurred in the 24 months immediately before the nomination is lodged
Occupational training for capacity building overseas
- Occupational training for capacity building overseas includes:
Structured workplace-based training in Australia for up to 6 months for students who :
- are currently enrolled in a foreign educational institution and
- must complete a period of practical training, research or observation to get their qualification
- The training must be specifically tailored to the training needs of the nominated person.
Structured workplace-based occupational training which has:
- the support of a government agency in Australia or
- the government in the home country of the nominated trainee
- Government agency support in Australia must be at the national or state/territory level.
- Government in the nominated person’s home country must be at the national, state/territory or provincial level.
- The training must be specifically tailored and timed to the training needs of the nominated person.
Professional development programs of face-to-face teaching in a classroom or similar environment in Australia. It is for overseas employers to send their managerial or professional employees.