Ara Institute of Canterbury (ARA)
- Location : Christchurch/Timaru/Ashburton/Oamaru
- Course type : Animal and laboratory science, Architectural,Art and design,Engineering, Hair and beauty, Music arts, Nursing, Midwifery and medical imaging,Social work and human services etc.
Ara is the largest vocational training institute in the South Island of New Zealand.Their practical, hands-on learning is provided in a supportive, welcoming environment. When students graduate from Ara,they will be work ready for their chosen industry or profession , wit the skills employers need.
Eastern Institute of Technology (EIT)
- Location : Auckland/Hawke’s Bay/Gisborne Tairawhiti
- Course type : Animal management and veterinary nursing, Art and design,Business, Computing, Fashion, Health and community wellness, Nursing and health science, Teaching, Postgraduate study etc.
EIT is forty years since the Hawke’s Bay and Tairawhiti campuses were established as tertiary education institutes in Hawke’s Bay and Gisborne respectively. EIT has a wide range of certificates, diploma and one of the most extensive ranges of degree level programmes of any institute of technology. It also probably has the most attractive campus and supportive learning environment, which partly explains why it has been one of the fastest growing tertiary institutes in the country.
Manukau Institute of Technology (MIT)
- Location : Otara/Manukau/Auckland City/Mangere
- Course type : Animal Care, Construction and related trades, Hospitality and baking, Education, Engineering, Hairdressing, Health and Counselling, Police studies and security, Social services, Tourism etc.
MIT is strongly connected to its region, its unique cohort of students and diverse business and community groups. Students complete their study at MIT and are well-supported to gain employment in relevant work areas.
Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology (NMIT)
- Location : Nelson/Marlborough
- Course type : Engineering, Construction and infrastructure,Nursing , Fitness, Beauty and Social Sciences, Business, COmputing and information technology, Tourism, Hospitality and services etc.
Nelson Marlborough Institute of Technology is a high quality Government owned tertiary education provider which is based at the top of the South Island in New Zealand. For over 100 years, NMIT has been providing high quality tertiary education for students. NMIT is the Nelson- Marlborough region’s largest education and training provider, making a substantial contribution to the regional economy. They offer over 100 qualification from certificate through to postgraduate level and they also have developed specialisms in areas.
Northland Polytechnic (NorthTec)
- Location : Auckland/Whangarei (Dargaville/Kaikohe/Kaitaia/Kerikeri)
- Course type : Architectural technology, Beauty therapy, Business, Engineering, Commercial transport, Construction industries, Digital arts etc.
Originally, Northland Polytechnic opened as the Northland Community College in 1978, and in 1987, they changed their name to Northland Polytechnic and to North Tec. North Tec’s main mission is developing Northland and their people via tertiary education. They pride themselves on the fact that when their students are ready to leave them they graduate with the knowledge and practical skill base needed in the real world of business and enterprise.
- Location : Dunedin/Cromwell/Auckland
- Course type : Health, Community and education, Business, Tourism and IT, Hospitality, Beauty and hairdressing, Natural Science, Construction, Engineering etc.
Otago Polytechnic is proud to be a leader in high quality, career-focused education with some of the best student achievement and satisfaction result in New Zealand. They have the best course completion rate in New Zealand for their sector, according to the Government’s Tertiary Education Commission. And also they have more than 80 international exchange partners so students can apply for a range of exchange programme.
Southern Institute of Technology (SIT)
- Location : Invercargill,Queenstown,Christchurch,Auckland
- Course type : Architectural technology, Art, Design Photography, Beauty Therapy, Business and Commerce, IT, Education, Construction, Electrotechnology, Engineering etc.
Southern Institute of Technology (SIT) provides quality tertiary education and training across a wide range of subjects and qualifications. They provides quality applied vocational education which equips people with the knowledge and skills to be effective industry participants.
Tai Poutini Polytechnic
- Location : Christchurch/Greymouth/Reefton/Auckland/Wanaka/Westport
- course type : Agriculture, Art and culture, Business and IT, Health and beauty, Health and safety, Driver education, Community education etc.
Unitec New Zealand
- Location : Auckland(Mt Albert/Waitakere)
- Course type : Accounting and finance, Acting, Animal health and welfare, Architecture, Art and Design, Automotive Engineering, IT, Conservation and biodiversity management, Construction, Contemporary dance, Childhood education etc.
Unitec is New Zealand’s largest institute of technology, located i the heart of Auckland. They offer work orientated programmes to students from all over the world and employment focused education, from certificates through to masters, across a wide range of professional and vocational areas.
Universal College of Learning (UCOL)
- Location : Palmerston North/Whanganui/Masterton/Levin
- Course type : Arts and design, IT, Health Sciences, Business, Chef training, Applied science, Vet nursing, Trades, Beauty etc.
Universal College of Learning (UCOL) established in 1902 to meet skills required by New Zealand businesses, UCOL is a modern institute of technology and polytechnic with strong community connections. Many international students choose UCOL to gain an internationally recognised qualification and work experience while they study.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology
- Location : Rotorua/Taupo/Tauranga/Tokoroa/Whakatane
- Course type : Agriculture, Architecture and land surveying, Art, Beauty therapy, Business, Construction, IT, Hospitality, Engineering, Fashion, Health care, Graphic design, Interior design, Legal studies, Marine studies, Nursing, Teaching, Music and performance etc.
Toi Ohomai Institute of Technology is an amalgamation of two high performing institutions - Bay of Plenty Polytechnic in Tauranga, and Waiariki Institute of Technology in Rotorua. The institutions merged in May 2016 to better meet the education and employment needs of the region. In addition, more than 75% of their students spend part of their course undertaking work placements, which help facilitate valuable connections between students and potential employers.
Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec)
- Location : Hamilton/Thames/WAihi/Otorohanga/Ngaruawahia
- Course type : Administration, Agribusiness, Arboriculture, Architectural technology, Art and design, Beauty Therapy, Business management, Counselling, Dairy processing, Education, Engineering, Health and wellbeing, Industrial measurement, Innovation, Massage, Nursing, Occupational Therapy, Vet nursing etc.
As one of New Zealand’s leading institutes of technology, Wintec offer an extensive range of programmes from certificate to post-graduate degree level. Wintec is proudly part of the mighty Waikato but they educate students from around the country and around the world. They educate around 15,000 students each year in New Zealand and a growing number of countries across the globe.
Wellington Institute of Technology (Weltec)
- Location : Wellington/Petone/Porirua/Auckland
- Course type : Business, Construction, Hair & Beauty & Makeup artistry, Arts & Digital Media, Engineering, Health and social services, Hospitality, IT etc.
Weltec is one of New Zealand’s oldest tertiary education institutions and the second-oldest in the capital city, they established in 1904. Weltec offer a range of industry-led qualifications from trades through to degrees and postgraduate programmes. Also, since 2012, Weltec has been working with Whitireia to provide the best possible choices for students in the Wellington region and beyond. This partnership is driven by a commitment to put students first, by providing more choice, more opportunities and improved experiences.
Western Institute of Technology at Taranaki (WITT)
- Location : New Plymouth/Hawera
- Course type : Business and management, Engineering, Hospitality, Nursing and Healthcare etc.
WITT has been Taranaki’s leading provider of tertiary education since it opened in 1972. It is Taranaki’s only government- owned institute of technology and polytechnic and has a rich history of producing graduates with the knowledge and skills to pursue and succeed in their chosen career. Each year, more than 5000 students enrol at WITT in over 60 different qualifications. Their courses have a strong vocational focus and are ideally suited to anyone considering a new career, gaining a promotion in their current career or wanting to change career.
Whitireia Community Polytechnic
- Location : Auckland/Wellington/Porirua/Petone/Trades
- Course type : Automotive, Beauty and hairdressing, Business, Construction, Film production and photography, Hospitality, Music, Nursing, Health and social science, Visual arts and digital media, IT, Music etc.
Whitireia is a government owned and funded tertiary institute of technology, known for its high students success rates and culturally diverse student body. Established in 1986, on the shores of the Porirua harbour, Whitireia has grown to become he tertiary institution of choice for over 6,200 students, who study at one of our contemporary campuses in Porirua, Wellington, Kapiti and Auckland. Over 135 programmes of study are offered at certificate to masters levels. And they belong in a Category 1 school in New Zealand (NZQA).