Sponsored (Work) Visa
- Temporary Work (skilled) –Subclass 457 (Temporary) visa
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) – Subclass 186 (Permanent) visa
- Regional Scheme Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) – Subclass 187(Permanent) visa
Temporary Work (skilled) –Subclass 457 (Temporary) visa
‘457’ visa is not a permanent visa and it is not possible to do ENS. But this visa allows ‘457’ visa holder to work if ‘457’ visa holder finds a sponsor. Sponsor must satisfy conditions; for the visa applicant, academic qualification, work experience and English proficiency are subjected to assessment.
457 visa can be granted for a period up to 4 years.
1. Conditions for Sponsor
- Business is legally operating.
- Business conducts training for employees who are permanent resident of Australia or Australian citizen.
- Documents required for assessment vary depending on whether business has operated for more or less than 1 year.
- Organisational Chart
- Genuine Position (Company needs to explain why the position of 457 visa applicant is necessary for company.)
- Balance Sheet
- Bank-related document
- Business-related contract
2. Conditions for 457 Visa Applicant
- Relevant work experience
- Relevant Academic Qualification
- English Proficiency
Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)- Subclass 186 (Permanent) visa
ENS Visa is Australian permanent residency visa and sponsor is required.
Three ways are possible to process this visa to permanent residency.
1. Temporary Residence Transition stream
- In this category, applicant works for 2 years on 457 Visa and apply for ENS without Skills Assessment.
- Nominated Position must be a full time position and the applicant must work 2 years after ENS.
- Must have complied with 457 visa regulations while holding 457 visa.
2. Direct Entry stream
- Pass Skills Assessment
- Three years fulltime work experience
- English proficiency test result
3. Agreement stream
- This category is rarely processed. Sponsor and DIBP needs to sign Labour Agreement.
* These are few points on preparing documents for 457 visa.
Market Salary Rates
Nominated Position’s wage must not be less than wage of permanent resident or Australian citizen in the same position. If the company does not have employees as such, company must prove through market research that the wage is not low.
Sponsor has responsibility to conduct training to permanent resident or Australian citizen.
Regional Scheme Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) – Subclass 187(Permanent) visa
Unlike ENS, RSMS is only possible if the sponsor is located in regional area selected by DIBP. Previously, immigration law made it easy to issue permanent resident visa in regional areas. However strict immigration law is now placed so RSMS became less attractive.
But, RSMS still receives attention because if applicant has studied to a level spected by the DIBP, applicant is exempt from Skills Assessment.Unlike ENS, applicant needs to go through the assessment by State Regional Body.