1. Departure Procedure
Arrive at the airport 2-3 hours before your flight depart to Check-In at your airline counter → Load your luggage on the plane and get your boarding pass (tell the seat you want) → Go through security → Show your boarding pass and passport at your gate → Get inside your plane and take seat (passengers start loading onto aircraft 30 minutes before departure and finish loading 10 minutes prior to departure)
2. Arrival Procedure
Fill out incoming passenger card and Travel History Card on the plane → Arrive at the airport and follow the arrows to customs and immigrations → Show your passport and arrival form and tax report → Find your luggage (Move to conveyer belt that indicates your airplane number) → Come out through exit and move to your arranged accommodation site.
3. Cautions for entering/departing country
- Do not panic even if you are called to somewhere while going through immigration and customs. Be calm and ask for translator.
- You must tick ‘YES’ if you have item indicated on the Incoming Passenger Card.
- Quarantine is strict on food from overseas so please take into consideration.
- You can buy most of the grocery items in Australia so it is best not to bring it from overseas.
4. Items you cannot bring into Australia
- Animal source foods: any animal source foods that are not canned
- Seeds and Nuts: Raw beans, nuts and unidentified seeds
- Fruits and Vegetables: all raw fruits and vegetables, frozen fruits, frozen vegetable
- Live animal and animal food
- Plant-based foods